treatment in Singapore
Restoring Dental Health with Precision and Care
At Figs Dental, we understand the importance of effective and precise root canal therapy in preserving your natural teeth. In this page, we will explore the significance of root canal treatment, its benefits, and how our experienced team ensures a comfortable and successful procedure. Trust us to provide you with top-notch dental care that goes beyond expectations.
Understanding Root Canal Treatment
Root canal treatment, also known as endodontic therapy, is a specialized dental procedure aimed at saving a severely damaged or infected tooth. The treatment focuses on removing the infected pulp, disinfecting the root canals, and sealing them to prevent reinfection. Contrary to common misconceptions, root canal treatment is not a painful process but a means to alleviate pain and restore dental health.
When is Root Canal Treatment Necessary?
Root canal treatment becomes necessary when the dental pulp, which contains nerves, blood vessels, and connective tissue, becomes infected or damaged. This can occur due to various reasons, including:
- Deep decay or cavities reaching the pulp
- Cracked or fractured teeth
- Trauma or injury to the tooth
- Repeated dental procedures on the same tooth
If left untreated, an infected tooth can lead to severe pain, abscess formation, and even tooth loss. Root canal treatment is a highly effective solution to save the tooth and eliminate the source of infection.
The Root Canal Treatment Process
1. Consultation and Examination
During your initial consultation, our skilled dentist will conduct a thorough examination of the affected tooth, including X-rays, to assess the extent of the infection and determine the need for root canal treatment. We will also discuss the procedure, address any concerns or questions you may have, and provide personalized recommendations.
2. Local Anesthesia and Comfort Management
To ensure your comfort throughout the procedure, we administer local anesthesia to numb the affected area. Our team prioritizes your well-being and takes measures to alleviate anxiety or discomfort during the treatment.
3. Access and Removal of Infected Pulp
Using specialized dental tools, our dentist will create a small access opening in the tooth, providing access to the infected pulp. The infected tissue is carefully removed, and the root canals are thoroughly cleaned and shaped to prepare them for the next step.
4. Disinfection and Filling
Once the root canals are cleaned and shaped, they are disinfected to eliminate bacteria and prevent reinfection. A biocompatible material called gutta-percha is then used to fill the canals and seal them tightly. This ensures that no bacteria can re-enter the tooth.
5. Restoration of the Tooth
After the root canal treatment, the tooth may require restoration with a dental crown or filling, depending on the extent of damage. Our skilled dentists will discuss the most appropriate restoration option to restore the tooth’s strength, function, and aesthetics.
Benefits of Root Canal Treatment
- Preservation of Natural Teeth By saving the infected tooth through root canal treatment, you can preserve your natural smile and avoid the need for tooth extraction.
- Pain Relief Root canal treatment alleviates the pain and discomfort associated with tooth infections, allowing you to enjoy a pain-free oral health.
- Improved Oral Health Removing the infection and sealing the tooth prevents the spread of bacteria, protecting neighboring teeth and reducing the risk of further dental problems.
- Restored Chewing and Speaking Ability After the root canal treatment and restoration, you can regain normal biting and chewing functions, as well as clear speech.